TEXT Mommy's Home: I'm Thankful!

Monday 10 October 2011

I'm Thankful!

Today is Thanksgiving Day in Canada. I thought I would do a short post on what I’m grateful for.  I don’t think a Facebook status can really cover it. I have so much to be thankful for! I can easily say without hesitation that my boys are my whole world. They delight and astound me with their daily antics.

1. I am thankful for Naptime. Without an hour to myself, I’d probably running out of the house, hair dishevelled, still in my pyjamas and no shoes. Who I am I kidding? I do that anyway. Perhaps I need more than an hour.

2. I am always thankful that my 3 year old listens. In fact he will try to repeat something I’ve said from the DO NOT SAY IN FRONT OF THE CHILDREN LIST. Please do not worry I always sanitize my mouth with wine.

3. I am thankful for being able to stay home with my boys. I really wanted to be a short order cook and do more laundry. It’s like I’m living my dream of having a real life Cinderella story.

4. I am thankful that I can multi-task. Doing a puzzle and reading a book are just some of the things I manage while the other child whines at me. I am amazed everyday that I haven’t sprouted a new pair of arms.

5. I am thankful that I have food in my home. I have grown a bit frugal over the years and have saved my growing boys from completely eating me out of house and home.

6 I am thankful that I can play great toddlers games with my kids, like “Referee”, “Who wants a time out next?” and of course the favourite, “Who made this mess?”

All jokes aside, I am thankful that my boys laugh, because I know there is joy in this house. I am thankful that they sleep well because I know that they are safe. I am thankful that they play because I know they are curious. I have my boys and for that I’m grateful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment